Want to engages the community, strengthen local nonprofits to achieve measurable results and change lives?
Consider applying for the
United Way of Dane County Resource Development Summer Internship
United Way of Dane County is creating measurable results for health and human service issues in Dane County. We are ending family homelessness, ensuring academic achievement among youth, helping seniors remain independent in homes of their choosing, and so much more.
The organization seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with an interest in non-profit fundraising who can fill an integral role in our Resource Development department. Located at 2059 Atwood Avenue on the near east side of Madison and on the bus line, their location is accessible even for those students who do not have access to a vehicle.
- Conduct research on current and potential donors by reviewing local and national news and business publications.
- Contact local businesses to get a sense of their charitable plans.
- Provide support for volunteer training sessions and campaign events as needed, including materials assembly.
- Update donor information in the organizational database.
- Develop content for electronic, departmental and donor communications.
- Assist in the production of large-scale mailing projects.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
**Additional desired qualifications, application details & requirements can be found on BuckyNet
Location: Madison, WI
Time Period: Mid May - mid August, 2013-- approximately 20 hours/week
Desired Background: All majors (see posting for desired qualifications)
Organization Contact: Marisa Menzel
Organization Website: www.unitedwaydanecounty.org
BuckyNet ID: 59690
Application Deadline: March 29, 2013