Each week L&S Career Services learns of new internships that are still available for the Summer term. Yes, there are many internship programs that have completed their hiring and many that are finalizing offer. This said, some organizations have just started thinking about their staffing needs and abilities for the Summer!
Here are 5 quick tips for searching for an internship in April & May:
- Be ready to put in the time. Searching for an internship takes time and you will need to put the same amount of time in to the search but in a shorter time-frame
- Be strategic. When searching, know the following about your needs:
- What geographic location are you looking in?
- What industries are you interested in?
- What skill do you have? What skills do you want to develop?
- What financial consideration do you need to make?
- Organization name
- Contact person & information
- Organization website and posting URL
- Reasons why your interested
- Application deadline (if applicable)
- Dates of communication (ex. if you emailed them asking about a position, record it)
As always, if you have questions, come visit us at L&S Career Services.
Internship Drop-in Hours: Monday-Friday 12:00-1:00 PM; Tuesday 4:30-5:30 PM