Interested in using your communication skills for the betterment of the community?
Looking for an opportunity over the summer right here in Madison?
Consider applying for the PR & Communication Internship
Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental DisabilitiesThe Organization:
The Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (BPDD) is a non-profit organization that was established to advocate on behalf of individuals with developmental disabilities, foster welcoming and inclusive communities, and improve the disability service system. BPDD's mission is to help people with developmental disabilities become independent, productive, and included in all facets of community life.
BPDD welcomes applications for a Public Relations and Communications Internship that will be based in BPDD’s office in downtown Madison.
Responsibilities will include: assisting in creating, editing/proofreading, and publishing web content, official reports, and e-communications (email alerts and newsletters) to complement on-going communications campaigns; developing, edit/proofreading, and distributing press releases, media advisories, and press kits; utilizing web-based media distribution services; assisting in enhancing BPDD’s online profile by updating social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and utilizing web-based tools such as HootSuite, SlideShare and SurveyMonkey; assisting with photography projects and cover press events and conferences; and communicating with other state agencies, university offices, non-profit organizations, and media entities
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
• Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with individuals who have various levels of understanding
• Familiarity with and/or demonstrated experience in managing social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), video sharing sites, photo sharing sites
• Detail oriented and a strong ability to problem solve and work under pressure
• Capacity to take initiative, prioritize duties, and work independently while functioning as a member of a team.
Location: 101 E. Wilson St., Madison WI
Time Period: Summer 2013 (begins 6/3/13); 12-15 hours/week
Desired Background: Current students pursuing a Bachelors in Comm. Arts or related field/experience
Organization Contact: Joshua Ryf
Organization Website: http://www.wi-bpdd.org
**Please visit L&S Career Services for further application details**
Application Deadline: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 4:00pm