Monday, September 26, 2011

INROADS: Launch Your Career Now!



I knew at a young age I wanted to be successful in life and go to college, however I didn’t know how to get there. I had no clue on the preparation? Identifying a career path?

My name is Eileen Williamson. INROADS was my beginning and actually put me on the path of starting my career. INROADS is a national career development organization whose mission is to develop and place talented under-served youth in business and industry and prepare them for corporate and community leadership.

I attended DePaul University, majoring in Business, and I just knew I was going to be “big time”. I didn’t know in what role, industry, or how to make my degree work for me. I’m so glad I wasn’t too busy and took notice of INROADS and its leadership development. I have made long lasting connections with my peers, recruiters, and managers to last a lifetime.

INROADS is family. You know how family stands beside you, sticks up for you, fight to protect you, and push you to be your very best! The INROADS family believed in me and exposed me to Corporate America.

My belief in myself along with INROADS training equipped me with tools to obtain a sponsored internship. I was matched with Liberty Mutual and interned for 3 summers from my Freshman-Junior Year. At the end of my junior year internship, my goal was to get a permanent job offer. Do you think I got the Job?

I got my job offer! I was ahead of the game and went into my senior year with secured employment. I would not have been in position to interview with Liberty Mutual without Inroads training: the firm handshake w/ eye contact, dressing for interview, how to sell your top abilities. I am proud to say INROADS has graduated over 24,000 talented youth from Interns to full-time managerial jobs with over 1,000 major companies.

INROADS today is even more vital in our growing national/international markets. Career opportunities range from Business, Engineering, Computer & Information Science, Sales, Marketing, Allied Healthcare, Retail Management, and many more. I have come full circle first as an intern, converted full time employee, and now as a staff member of the very organization that started it all. As an employee, I represent and give back to an organization that I know firsthand can be your next level opportunity!

I share all this to say, where will your planning and preparation take you? Are you ready to act and get real life work experience in your career field? The time to Deliver on your Expected Results is now. INROADS was a critical piece to my professional career and where I got my beginnings…where will your dreams take you?

INROADS is a national career development organization whose mission is to develop and place talented under-served youth in business and industry and prepare them for corporate and community leadership. To be eligible one must be a college freshman or sophomore with cumulative grade point average 2.8 or better. INROADS Interns benefit from multi-year internships at top pay per summer, the potential for a full-time job offer, and an assigned corporate mentor.

Apply online today at www.inroads.org or look for me at the Multicultural Career and Internship Fair Tuesday, Sept. 27 6-8pm in the Red Gym.

INROADS Information Session

Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Time: Noon-1:30 pm
Where: Rm. 58 Bascom Hall

*Open to all interested students

No comments:

Post a Comment