Each of our career advisors has different experiences and a different background. Find out more about them and then make an appointment! Remember, all our advisors are qualified to help you, no matter what your major or career plan is.
- Before becoming a career counselor…Maureen was a member of AmeriCorps and an assistant language teacher in Hokkaido, Japan.
- Fun fact: Maureen studied in Ecuador and Spain, which she says broadened her life-long interests in different cultures, religions, arts and languages.
- Advising areas of expertise: AmeriCorps, the Japan Exchange and Teaching Program (JET), teaching abroad, and careers in the sciences
- Before becoming a career counselor…Marie worked in logistics and residential property management.
- Fun fact: Marie traveled all over Europe one year before the Soviet Union crumbled, and has been to more foreign countries than U.S. states.
- Advising areas of expertise: careers in public service, especially federal government and nonprofits, and finding the perfect resource (both Internet and print) to fit each student’s needs
- Before becoming a career counselor…Molly worked as an organic farm assistant, food cooperative manager, independent artist and co-gallery owner, and a healthcare assistant, interpreter, and outreach worker.
- Fun fact: Molly earned a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship to live in New Zealand for a year, where she fulfilled her lifetime dream of studying ceramic art.
- Advising areas of expertise: career exploration and career assessment, graduate students, answering questions about working and volunteering internationally, and helping students figure out how to use Spanish and other languages in the job market.
- Before becoming a career counselor…Nell advised fine arts students as an academic advisor at Indiana University and worked as a corporate trainer with Corprov, teaching corporate executives theater improvisation skills to improve their teamwork and management.
- Fun fact: Nell is a performer specializing in entirely improvised one-woman story shows and workshops. She loves to teach adults how to have fun rediscovering creative play through the creative use of words and movement.
- Advising areas of expertise: career advising for the creative and unconventional personality type