1. An updated resume – Get your resume critiqued at our office before the fair. We have extended resume drop-ins from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. through Thursday. Or make an appointment with an advisor for a more in-depth look at your resume.
2. An elevator speech – Introduce yourself to employers with this quick speech. Find out what you should include here.
3. A professional outfit – Dress to impress in business professional. A suit is appropriate for both men and women. As a general rule, dress as if you were going to a job interview.
4. A folder or briefcase – This will come in handy for all the handouts and business cards you’ll receive from recruiters. It’s also the perfect place to store copies of your resume.
5. Comfortable shoes – You will be on your feet and walking around the Kohl Center. Make sure your shoes won’t hurt too badly at the end of the night.
6. Extra resumes – Bring lots of copies of your resume in case you end up stopping to talk to more companies than you originally planned on. You don’t want to run out.
7. A game plan – Decide which organizations you most want to talk to. Make a list, so you don’t have to spend as much time looking through the list at the fair. Check out who’s coming at https://bus-wisc-csm.symplicity.com/events/students.php?mode=list&cf=FCIF2012.