Here are 5 questions to consider if you are thinking about asking this question:
- Are you really looking for more work, or are you looking for a different type of work?
- Are you sure you have done the best-possible job on the tasks you have currently assigned?
- In asking for more work, what are you hoping to gain?
- Do you have an idea of the type of work you would like to be engaged in?
- Who is the best person to ask?
These guiding questions will help you feel better-prepared. Always remember, whenever we ask a question, we have to be ready to listen to the answer.