Interested in putting your international interests to work here in the Madison community?
Consider apply for the Communication & Marketing Internship
International Professionals Inc.
International Professionals, Inc. (IP) is a networking and professional development organization focused on serving the unique and diverse needs of global citizens living in the greater Madison, WI area. IP members include foreigners and Americans that have had experience abroad or that want to increase their connections with professionals from all over the world. The organization provides regular social and professional networking opportunities to connect people from a broad range of cultural backgrounds and experiences.
The IP Communications Intern will assist with a number of duties, depending on her/his knowledge, skills & abilities. A primary focus of the internship will be to assist the non-profit organization with communications (web, newsletter, social media) and fundraising event planning/logistics:
- Design promotional materials (e.g. brochure) and for materials for fundraising events
- Design, edit and circulate IP newsletter
- Design/ Maintain the IP website, especially event announcements
- Create/Manage IP Twitter and Facebook pages for promotion and periodic updates
- Work with IP President to develop and update key contact lists
- Stock and deliver promotional materials
- Work promotional events, such as the Willy Street Fair (9/22), International Festival (2/22/14), etc.
- General office duties, as assigned
This is a part-time internship requiring approximately 10hr/week. Academic credit is required for this internship.
- Current UW-Madison undergraduate student
- Background in communications, graphic design, web design, marketing, fundraising
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter and other social networking media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency working with MS Office
- Ability to work with a team (the board of directors in their various roles) and independently
- Creative and resourceful
- Ability to multitask
- Interested in the mission of IP
Location: Madison, WI
Time Period: 2013-2014 Academic Year
Compensation: Unpaid; year-long free membership to International Professionals and/or can attend IP
networking events free of charge.
Desired Background: Open to all majors
Organization Contact: Nancy Wolfe
Organization Website: http://www.internationalprofessionals.org
BuckyNet ID: 64355
Application Deadline: August 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM Central Time
**Additional application details & requirements can be found on BuckyNet**