Madison Public Library’s tradition of promoting education, literacy and community involvement has enriched the City of Madison for more than 135 years. Our nine locations throughout the City of Madison are open six days per week and welcome over 2.35 million visits each year.
Media Lab Interns will gain hands-on experience in their field while helping to boost the profile of a well-respected public library system. Opportunities exist to work with the public in an instructional capacity in the fields of; Video Game Design, Animation, Music and Sound Design, Film Making and Editing. Media Lab Interns will also work with the Media Lab Instructor to organize and implement workshops and classes.
- Assist the lab Instructor with lessons, workshops and classes
- Lead discussions and demonstrations in your chosen field of study
- Aid in the creation of the media lab infrastructure and pipelines
- Help maintain lab equipment
- Supervise the media lab during Open Lab hours
- Other media lab-related tasks as needed
- Enrolled in a college or university
- Have strong technical, artistic and interpersonal skills
- Able to work an occasional weekend or evening
Location: Madison, WI
Time Period: Fall/Spring/Summer
Desired Background: Current UW student; pursuing a degree in entertainment, education, media production, digital art or related field.
Organization Contact: Tana Elias
Organization Website: http://www.madisonpubliclibrary.org/
BuckyNet ID: 66569
Application Deadline: October 3, 2013
**Additional application details & requirements can be found on BuckyNet**